Online application for Mtn foundation scholarship and how to apply as 200l student
Online application for Mtn foundation scholarship and how to apply as 200l student;The 2018 edition of MTN Foundation Scholarship application has commenced. The scholarship is for full time second year students studying in public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics and colleges of education) in Nigeria.
If you have ever wondered why MTN delayed before announcing the application for their annual scholarship scheme, then you are not alone. So many students have asked me the question, when will MTN scholarship application for 2018 begin? The good news is that MTN foundation scholarship application has begun and you can apply now.
A maximum of 500 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students studying science and technology related courses are awarded the scholarship which covers tuition, book allowance and stipends.
The scholarship is renewed every year until graduation for existing awardees provided they have maintained a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit) while new applications, when advertised, are welcome from full time students in their second year of study.
MTN Foundation Scholarship Application Eligibility 2018.
The students must be in their second year at the time of application, ie they must be of the 2016/2017 admission set.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full time undergraduates in 200 level/2nd year.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 200 level/2nd year in a public University.
MTN Foundation Scholarship Field/Area of Study.
Only applications from students studying one of the under listed courses will be considered:
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering • Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
MTN Foundation Scholarship Application Requirements.
After Applicants details are verified, shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
- Valid Student ID card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
- Admission letter for the HND programmes (For Polytechnic students only)
How to Apply for MTN Foundation Scholarship 2018.
The mode of application is online, Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Applications do begin September of every year and ends on October of the next year (September – October)
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about MTN Foundation Scholarship 2018/2019, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide.
Won’t like to miss
What’s your take on this? I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, twitter or Google+share button below.